Call of Duty Esports is one of the biggest competitive titles on console with every year holding a massive international tournament.
With Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 around the corner, Treyarch has detailed new additions added to support competitive play. Here’s what has been added:
- Arena Mode – ranked competitive league play.
- Specialist Selection – Pre-match selection of the Specialist classes. Players on the same team cannot use the same specialist.
- Pick/Ban System – players can protect and defend any items or weapon. This creates more strategy and meta-game around the selection of content.
- CODcaster Mode – helps improve the game from a spectator point. Shows full loadout of any players and scoreboard plus additions of team names and logos.
- Live Event View – Allows players to watch esports event straight from the game.
Also announced was that Competitive Call of Duty will be switching over to PlayStation 4 with Black Ops 3. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 hits stores November 6th 2015.