Legacy of the Void beta balance update
A new patch has arrived featuring some curious changes to the upcoming Blizzard release, Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void. Here are the changes:
- Carrier health decreased from 300 to 250.
- Adept shields increased by 10.
- The delay before a Siege Tank in Siege Mode firing when being dropped by a Medivac has been increased from 0.53 to 1.43 seconds.
- Starts with Defender Mode enabled.
- Defender Mode range decreased to 5.
- Defender Mode upgrade now increases its range by 4.
- Upgrade requirement changed to Fusion Core.
- Lurker Den morph time increased from 71 to 86 seconds.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Siege Tank to fire at the incorrect speed.
- Casting Mass Recall with the Mothership while moving should now be more responsive.
In short, we’ve got some minor tweaking that can have some big consequences.
Protoss players will be a little sore from the Carrier change (which personally I think wasn’t needed), but I think the Adept change is great (in conjunction with the recent warp-in changes) and we might finally be in a good place with this unit.
Terrans that have been taking advantage of the “Tankivac” will be a little frustrated with this firing delay after being dropped – I know I will be. Tankivacs were quite strong when used effectively, but I think it’s a great example of how higher micro and skill can open up very cool options for a skilled player. TvT will enjoy this change though, as it seemed to be quite annoying to deal with Tankivacs in the games I’ve been playing. The Liberator… buff? Seems good, I think this unit has been long overdue for some adjustments, and this should be an interesting look at another way to use them.
Zerg players will have to feel out this new Lurker Den timing – Lurkers were starting to be used with some very crisp early timings to mess with Protoss players, and we’ll see how this affects things.
David Kim’s community update on the changes is available here.
Post in the comments what you think of the changes – see you on the battlefield!