Subset Games has announced the Advanced Edition expansion for FTL: Faster Than Light will be released on April 3rd.
Bringing a whole bunch of new content, the Advanced Edition expansion will change the way the game is played, and provide plenty of new fun for FTL veterans. The expansion promises:
- An entirely new playable ship and race, the Lanius;
- 10 new playable ship layouts;
- 4 new Systems & Subsystems that drastically change gameplay;
- Over 15 new weapons & drones and 11 new ship Augmentations.
- New music from Ben Prunty and new events from writer Tom Jubert and guest writer Chris Avellone.
- Tons of other new content and gameplay tweaks and polish.
The Advanced Edition expansion will go out to all versions of FTL: Faster Than Light, at no extra charge. Steam users will automatically get the update, while users playing the DRM-free editions (either from GOG.com or the FTL website) will need to download the latest version the same way they downloaded the original.
The iPad version will also be releasing the same day and will also include all content (including the Advanced Edition content). Subset are promising that iPad users will be getting an experience on par with PC users, the iPad version comes at the same price tag as it’s PC sibling ($10) and promises not to have any ads or in-app purchases. Sorry to all the iPad 1 users out there though, FTL will only operate on iPads that are second generation or newer.