After announcing the new RLCS season plus the inclusion of the Oceanic region, Psyonix has revealed the company is investing more than $2.5 million dollaridoos into Rocket League esports this year.
The company has outlined what they’re planning to do with the big investment and that’s be a part of more community-run tournaments with funding and ‘true collegiate Rocket League Esports program’.
Here’s what to expect:
- More than $1 Million in total prize pools (including RLCS)
- Bigger, more meaningful appearances at multiple major competitive gaming festivals
- Onsite events at major gaming conventions, including PAX, SXSW, and more
- Extensive funding for community-run tournaments
- Expanded weekly tournament support in multiple regions, including Europe, North America, Oceania, South America, and more
- A true collegiate Rocket League Esports program
- A new series of tournaments for the Xbox community
- An all-new weekly talk show on Twitch that covers all things ‘RLCS’
- A robust new esports hub on the Rocket League website
- Ongoing charity tournaments
- Numerous in-game esports features and enhancements
This is massive news for the Rocket League community to see the developers jumping on board to help fund and back locally run tournaments pushing the growth of the game. We can’t wait to see where Rocket League esports go this year. Check out the full announcement here.
Photo by ESL Australia.