The Overwatch Summer Games is back for 2017 with new content and a brand new Sydney Lúcioball map environment. There’s also been some changes made to the Lúcioball.
Skins from the Summer Games 2016 line-up will also be available for purchase at a reduce cost compared to the newer 2017 skins. Here’s the pricing line-up.
New 2017 Summer Games Cosmetic Items will cost the following:
- Legendary Skins: 3,000 credits
- Epic Skins: 750 credits
- Rare tier: 225 credits
- Common tier: 75 credits
Previous Summer Games cosmetics will be available to craft at a reduced cost:
- Legendary Skins: 1,000 credits
- Epic Skins: 250 credits
- Rare tier: 75 credits
- Common tier: 25 credits
Lúcioball will also see the following changes:
- Lúcioball will introduce Sydney, Australia as a new map environment! Matches will rotate between the Sydney and Rio Stadiums.
- Several changes have been made to Lúcio’s abilities in Lúcioball:
- The ability to “boop” enemy players has been removed
- Lúcio’s ultimate ability no longer pulls the ball toward the player, but now increases Lúcio’s movement speed and reduces the cooldown on his “boop”
- Summer Games 2017 will also introduce a second competitive mode for Lúcioball, allowing players to place and rank.
Summer Games 2017 will return to Overwatch from 9th – 20th August 2017. You can check out the developer update below: