Dota 2 players, it’s time to get your wallets out as the Battle Pass for the upcoming The International 8 has dropped and it’s packed full of content.
Helping fund the biggest Dota 2 tournament in the world – The International (TI), the Battle Pass gives players and fans in return exclusive content like in-game cosmetics, music pack and more. 25% of each sale contributes to the total prize pool and at the time of writing this article, the prize pool for TI8 currently sits on $2.5 million USD. Last year, fans helped push the prize pool of TI7 from $1.4 million USD to a whopping $24 million USD.
In addition to the exclusive content above, a bunch of cool new modes and updates have also been added to the game. The biggest highlight is the new MMO-style PVP action, “The Underhollow” is a new game mode that will see teams of three battle monsters and each other in search of cheese.
Here’s a quick overview of some of the other modes and features added part of the Battle Pass:
- Cavern Crawl – Win games with designated heroes in your normal Dota matches to explore deeper parts of the battle cavern.
- Mutation Mode – An unranked game mode played with a random selection of gameplay modifiers. A new set of modifiers in effect each day.
- Sprays – You can spray select images onto the map to let friends and enemies alike know just how you feel.
- Team Challenge – As you progress along the Battle Pass rewards path, you’ll earn Team Challenge Tokens. Spend one token to match your five-stack into the Ranked queue at a higher difficulty. Defeat the stronger opponents and your whole team will haul in a substantial MMR boost and bonus Battle Points.
- Custom Lane Creeps – You can now loadout new cavern-themed lane creeps
- In-Game Tipping – Feeling generous? You can now tip your allies in-game with Battle Points.
- Role-Based Matchmaking Queue – Battle Pass owners can set their Lane Preference before they even enter the queue.
The International 2018 Battle Pass costs $9.99 USD at level 0 or $36.99 USD at level 75. You can buy levels at these intervals: 5 Levels ($2.49 USD), 11 Levels ($4.99 USD) and 24 Levels ($9.99 USD) – check out The International 8 Battle Pass page for more details on the update.