Bethesda’s stealthy sequel Dishonored 2 has received quite some negative feedback on Steam regarding its performance and have led the company to releasing recommendations to help players. Players on Steam even with high-end systems with a GTX 1080 have reported issues with the game.
Check them out below:
- Avoid using Alt-Tab when playing. Relaunch the game if you see performance dropping after using Alt-tab.
- Avoid having background applications running in addition to the game.
- If you have performance issues, try lowering the resolution.
- Use 1440p resolution only if you have a very high-end GPU ( GTX 1070/1080 or equivalent)
- Keep the V-Sync activated, especially if you have large framerate fluctuations.
- If you have framerate under 30 fps, adjust the “Adaptive Resolution” between minimum (50%) and default value (75%).
- Use the “Auto” presets: this should adjust your visual settings without impacting your framerate.
- If you still have performance issues with “Auto” presets:
- Try deactivating the “TXAA Anti-Aliasing”
- Try lowering the texture details
Dishonored 2 seems quite poorly optimised on PC and it seems Bethesda is working on fixing the game. To be honest, it’s not the first time a game from Bethesda is not optimised. Having issues with the game? Maybe try the above or wait out for a patch.