Blizzard ANZ has confirmed the roster that will be representing Australia in the Overwatch World Cup. Ashley “Trill” Powell who has represented Australia in 2017 will return to the roster again for this year’s world cup. We also see Andrew “rqt” Haws, former Blank Esports support player managing the team with LA Valiant’s coach Jordan ‘Gunba’ Graham for Team Australia.
Team Australia Roster:
- Ashley “Trill” Powell – Main Tank
- Leyton “Punk” Gilchrist – Flex Tank
- Huseyin “Hus” Sahin – Hitscan
- Felix “Ckm” Murray – Flex DPS
- James “Yuki” Stanton – Flex DPS
- Dario “Akraken” Falcao-Rassokha – Aim Support
- Scott “Custa” Kennedy – Main Support
The team will be playing in Thailand from 14-16 September to fight it out against China, Denmark, Thailand, Spain and Sweden. The top two teams from this group will then advance to the Overwatch World Cup Top 8 at BlizzCon.
Scott “Custa” Kennedy has also been named for the upcoming Overwatch League All-Star Game representing the Pacific Division. The Overwatch League All-Star Game will see 12 fan-selected players from the Pacific and Atlantic division go head to head in the Blizzard Arena Los Angeles on the 27th August 2018.
Here are the rosters for the All-Star Game:
- Seong-Hyun “Jjonak” Bang, New York Excelsior, Support
- Jong-Ryeol “Saebyeolbe” Park, New York Excelsior, Offense
- Do-Hyeon “Pine” Kim, New York Excelsior, Flex
- Yeon-Jun “Ark” Hong, New York Excelsior, Support
- Jae-Hyeok “Carpe” Lee, Philadelphia Fusion, Offense
- Jae-Hui “Gesture” Hong, London Spitfire, Tank
- Chan-Hyung “Fissure” Baek, Los Angeles Gladiators, Tank
- Scott “Custa” Kennedy, Los Angeles Valiant, Support
- Seyeon “Geguri” Kim, Shanghai Dragons, Tank
- Byung-Sun “Fleta” Kim, Seoul Dynasty, Offense
- Je-Hong “Ryujehong” Ryu, Seoul Dynasty, Flex
- Brandon “Seagull” Larned, Dallas Fuel, Flex