Microsoft has revealed Xbox Originals, no not Xbox Original games as we thought it was but a range of TV originals coming to the Xbox One, Xbox 360 and other Microsoft devices. The big news, well Halos and some interesting shows on the bill.
“We are developing premium, original content for the Xbox community which is an audience we are incredibly respectful of,” said Nancy Tellem, President of Xbox Entertainment Studios. “We believe Xbox Originals should embrace the way our fans think about traditional TV.”
They’ve revealed a whole list of incoming shows:
- Halo television series – executive produced by Steven Spielberg
- Halo digital feature – executive produced by Ridley Scott
- Every Street United – unscripted series of street soccer stars
- Bonnaroo – live concert broadcast
- Signal to Noise/Atari: Game Over – documentary of modern technology
- Humans – ‘bold’ new drama featuring robots… I think
Projects in Development
- Deadlands – based on a successful pen & paper role playing game
- Extraordinary Believers – hybrid stop motion show from the studio that created Robot Chicken
- Fearless – unscripted series currently in pilot production starring Paul de Gelder, an Australian Navy bomb clearance diver
- Gun Machine – thriller based on the novel by Warren Ellis.
- Untitled JASH Comedy/Variety Half Hour – a comedy collective founded by Sarah Silverman, Michael Cera, Tim and Eric and Reggie Watts.
- Winterworld – live action series based on the graphic novel series
So what do you think about the new TV content in the works for the Xbox and Microsoft platforms? There’s some interesting projects on the list, mainly Halo but I’m really keen on Fearless and Every Street United. As someone who has been using the Xbox One for more than just gaming (watching movies via Xbox Video) I welcome any new TV content to the console.